Our Mission and Values
At Sandilands Primary School we create an environment where everyone in our school community can grow in confidence and develop their full potential.
- To nurture and support all abilities in order to achieve the best for every member of the school community.
- To support children in becoming resilient and to persevere in order that they achieve their very best.
- To enable children to develop a positive sense of self-worth and a deep understanding of the needs of others.
- To promote the Sandilands values of care, tolerance and respect for other people in the world
- To provide a broad, balanced and stimulating curriculum, which is relevant to children's needs and interests.
School Values: * Collaborate * Aspire * PeRsevere * REspect
Our school values were developed through consultation with all stakeholders, from our pupils, families and staff to decide on a key set of values that we want to promote for our pupils and school community. Each year, children work towards achieving CARE badges.
The six principles of Nurture
We are a Nurture UK school, adopting the 6 principles of Nurture as our values in everything that we do. See our Nurture section for further information
- Children's learning is understood developmentally.
- The classroom offers a safe base.
- Nurture is important for the development of self-esteem.
- Language is understood as a vital means of communication.
- All behaviour is communication.
- Transitions are significant in the lives of children.